|Level (Complexity):||Medium (4)|
|Type:||Wooden 3D Puzzle|
|Object:||assembling the mechanism|
|Number of components:||190|
|Estimated time:||4-5 Hours|
|Size:||5.6*5.6*3.6 in (14.2*14.2*9.1 cm)|
|Packaging:||cardboard 14.6*6.7*1.3 in (37*17*3.3 cm)|
|Materials used:||Organic wooden pieces|
|Safety:||sharp objects, choking hazard|
When I was a kid, I’ve always wanted to have a little space somewhere to stash my secret notes. I bet you did too. That is the exact reason I found Treasure Box interesting. I was attracted not only by extremely high quality of build (which is to be expected, since it’s Ugears), but to practical value.
Obviously, I didn’t expect the unbreakable safe, but this little thing still managed to surprise me. It looks astounding once built – you feel like you have this sacred small thing at home that nobody will touch.
In addition to the usual feature pack of Ugears, this one comes with a small amount of surprises:
- Tiny wooden parts make it simultaneously a tough puzzle and an exciting one
- Once figured out, it has a tiny key used to open the treasure — very neat
- Great practicality – I found it best to use as a storage for home/car keys
So, all in all, it is fairly simple, but definitely interesting piece to assemble. More to it, the look and feel of the finished model is great so you will definitely want it to be standing somewhere in the limelight for all your friends to see.
Comparison with Amber Box by Ugears
Being one of the first UGEARS designs, Treasure Box certainly lacks the visual appeal of Amber Box, but it is nevertheless the classic model.
Amber box is much more expensive, but I think it is a fair trade-off for amazing visuals.
Comparison with Treasure Box by ROKR
If you compare it back to back — you would understand that these 2 are very similar in design and size.
The only difference is that the RORK Treasure Box has a code mechanism that can lock it.
Treasure Box seems to me like a downgraded version of a Safe puzzle we reviewed earlier. Not in a bad way – it looks cute and neat. Will definitely be a great addition to your collection which you can use as a storage space. Despite a small one – it’s still a free space!
I’d recommend having this only to avid (in a good way) fans to fill your collection. Otherwise, it’s nothing spectacular, just a good high-quality brain food.
A great puzzle that gives that pleasant sense of achievement in the end.
Where to Buy
- Detailed assembly tips of Ugears mechanical models you can find here.
- Download full PDF instruction in 11 languages with pictures to Treasure Box here.
- Watch full Treasure Box assembly video below.
- Made of high-quality plywood and it has its own cut out parts ready for assembly
- Small storage for important home objects
- Neat looking and can be placed anywhere at home and look natural
- Detailed answers on Frequently Asked Questions about Ugears mechanical models you can find here.
- If you still have questions, ask them in the comments. We will answer in detail and include them in the FAQ list.
Become a member of our community and get access to a lot of exclusive patreon-only benefits, coupon codes, giveaways and help us create more awesome and mind-blowing content such as “How It’s Made”, interviews with prominent puzzle makers, unique puzzles and more!