|Level (Complexity):||Easy (2)|
|Object:||Take apart and then reassemble|
|Number of components:||3|
|Estimated time:||2-20 Min|
|Size:||6.1 x 4.4 x 1.2 cm|
|Packaging:||cardboard + plastic box: 75×119×45 mm|
|Materials used:||cast zinc|
|Safety:||no small parts, but keeping away from small children is advised|
Cast Slider is a first level 3 puzzle from Hanayama line-up that we have decided to review. Honestly, I did not have a lot of expectations since puzzles of level 1-3 are fairly easy.
That’s why I was really surprised it wasn’t as easy as I have though, at least I couldn’t solve in a couple of minutes like I thought I will.
The puzzle consists of three parts: 2 rectangles with a sliding etches and a cog-piece that is partially hidden inside them.
Puzzle has a somewhat rugged matte metal look that is definitely aiming to fit in your pocket and not get a lot of scratches.
The mechanism itself is very smooth so you don’t need to apply too much force when trying to solve the puzzle.
The main idea of this puzzle is hidden in the plain sight — you need to slide the 2 rectangular pieces off the cog-piece and then put it back again.
Being a Level 3 puzzle Cast Slider has only one trick up it’s sleeve that you will need to uncover.
Reassemble is a bit harder, but once you get the right movements — it will all become quite easy and apparent.
Easy puzzle that is more of a fidget than a mind-bender. Very cool looking and can be carried around anywhere.
A great starter for kids to get into Hanayama’s puzzles.
Definitely give it a try, being one of the latest additions to Hanayama line-up it might a great beginning of your journey with this Brand.
Where to Buy
- It is very important to be as consistent and methodological with this kind of puzzles.
- Try to document all your steps — write down what you before or after you progress further.
- The reassembly is usually much harder — but not in this case. The reassembly is pretty straightforward. Nevertheless, the reassembly will give you a bigger picture on how the interior mechanism if the puzzle operates.
- Hanayama Huzzle Cast Slider puzzle solution video can be found below
- Made of high quality cast iron
- Considered to be “Normal” (Level 3) puzzle according to Hanayama scoring. Other interesting Level 3 puzzles, such as Cast Hashtag and Cast Galaxy, can be found at their respective pages on PuzzleScore Hanayama brand page.
- Detailed answers on Frequently Asked Questions about Hanayama puzzles you can find here.
- If you still have questions, ask them in the comments. We will answer in detail and include them in the FAQ list.
Become a member of our community and get access to a lot of exclusive patreon-only benefits, coupon codes, giveaways and help us create more awesome and mind-blowing content such as “How It’s Made”, interviews with prominent puzzle makers, unique puzzles and more!