|Level (Complexity):||Complex (9)|
|Type:||Metal Puzzle / Metal Puzzle Locks|
|Object:||Take apart and put back together|
|Estimated time:||2-3 Hours|
|Number of parts:||6|
|Size:||8.2×5×1.4 cm / 3.2×2×0.6 in|
|Safety:||Small parts, choking hazard|
Danlock puzzle was originally made by Dan Feldman, an Israeli puzzle constructor and engineer.
Renowned as one of the hardest, nearly impossible challenges that will leave even the most experienced puzzle solvers shook and trembled.
The puzzle itself looks intriguing from the very beginning. It consists of several parts:
- The lock itself, locked from the very beginning.
- Key that is put on the closed latch.
- Broken key that is put on the keychain on the latch.
And, you guessed it, the main goal is to open the lock, remove all the keys, and the put it back together.
There are quite a few stages to this puzzle. The taking apart is just 50%, after you’re done with that — you will stumble upon the dilemma of putting everything back together the way it was in the very beginning. If you think you can just reverse your steps — that would be a big mistake.
You will actually have to find one workaround after another and put your problem solving skills to a test.
You can find all the tips, tricks and the actual solution in the “Tips and Tricks” section, but I strongly encourage you not to give up. All the hidden tricks and discovery stages of this puzzle are the most rewarding things. Just keep on trying and think outside of the box.
Simply amazing and the absolute classic of “Lock puzzles”. Must-have for every collector and puzzle fan.
And if you think that the best solution of this puzzle is to just buy 2 of them — no way. All keys are unique and also “no external tools allowed”.
Where to buy
- First and foremost, do not be afraid to insert the broken key part inside the lock. That is a normal way of solving the puzzle.
- To open the lock you will need to push the broken part with the second part of the key and turn it to open the latch.
- The longer arm of the latch has a hidden pin inside. You need to unscrew it, but bear in mind that the screw is deliberately made the opposite way, meaning that you need to unscrew it counter clockwise.
- Dan Feldman Danlock Puzzle solution video can be found below
- Detailed answers on Frequently Asked Questions about Dan Feldman puzzles you can find here.
- If you still have questions, ask them in the comments. We will answer in detail and include them in the FAQ list.
Become a member of our community and get access to a lot of exclusive patreon-only benefits, coupon codes, giveaways and help us create more awesome and mind-blowing content such as “How It’s Made”, interviews with prominent puzzle makers, unique puzzles and more!