|Level (Complexity):||Hard (7)|
|Object:||Take apart and then reassemble|
|Number of components:||3|
|Estimated time:||1-5 Hours|
|Size:||3 x 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 in / 7.6 x 3.9 x 3.9 cm|
|Packaging:||cardboard: 75×119×45 mm|
|Materials used:||cast zinc|
|Safety:||no small parts, but keeping away from small children is advised|
Cast Chain is a Level 6 “Grandmaster puzzle by Hanayama brand.
The design of the puzzle if very bold and straightforward, even baring some kind of vintage look. Black coloring on the metal is complemented by worn-out edges.
The puzzle excels in a more cubical design that makes it a bit easier to understand and, eventually, solve.
This model consists of three parts that have their own marking. Each part has one, two and three dot etches on the square edge which makes it much easier to document your progress and remember the moves you did previously for possible backtracking.
You don’t have to do many moves to disassemble the puzzle, but what makes it Level 6 is to understand the logic behind the mechanism and the combination of moves that will lead you to success.
It is definitely a satisfying puzzle when you figure it out.
Make sure not to apply too much force — if done correctly the parts should slip through the notches smoothly.
Great puzzle that can be your opener for Level 6. Perfectly balanced in regard to logic and difficulty.
Very rewarding and not too hard to put back. It still CAN be a bit frustrating, but patience matters and it is very important not go full-on “Heavy Duty” on that piece.
We definitely recommend it if you wish to try level 6.
Where to Buy
- It is very important to be as consistent and methodological with this kind of puzzles.
- Try to document all your steps — write down what you before or after you progress further.
- The reassembly is usually much harder — but not in this case. The reassembly is pretty straightforward. Nevertheless, the reassembly will give you a bigger picture on how the interior mechanism if the puzzle operates.
- Hanayama Huzzle Cast Chain puzzle solution video can be found below
- Made of high quality cast iron
- Considered to be the highest “Grand master” (Level 6) puzzle according to Hanayama scoring. Other Level 6 puzzles, such as Cast Vortex and Cast Rotor, can be found at their respective pages on PuzzleScore Hanayama brand page.
- Detailed answers on Frequently Asked Questions about Hanayama puzzles you can find here.
- If you still have questions, ask them in the comments. We will answer in detail and include them in the FAQ list.
Become a member of our community and get access to a lot of exclusive patreon-only benefits, coupon codes, giveaways and help us create more awesome and mind-blowing content such as “How It’s Made”, interviews with prominent puzzle makers, unique puzzles and more!