|Level (Complexity):||Complex (8)|
|Object:||Take apart and then reassemble|
|Number of components:||3|
|Estimated time:||1-5 Hours|
|Size:||2.1 x 1.2 x 0.7 in / 5.2 x 3.1 x 1.8 cm|
|Packaging:||cardboard: 75×119×45 mm|
|Materials used:||cast zinc|
|Safety:||no small parts, but keeping away from small children is advised|
Cast Infinity is a neat looking puzzle on Hanayama’s Levell 6 line up.
It looks like an “infinity” sign or a number 8 and has 3 parts: the main carcass and the 2 circles in the middle that will be your way to solving it.
Funny thing is that the original description of this puzzle says that it is also called “Infinity” because “its movement continues endlessly until the pieces are taken apart” — well, we tried spinning it a few different ways and it is not remotely infinite, but oh well: who knows what the author meant by that.
The puzzle looks great: the shining of the metal and perfectly symmetric form of it hits a soft spot in my heart that is designated for aesthetic feeling.
If this puzzle had a keyword it would definitely be “rotate” or “spin” — spinning the small circular parts in multiple different ways will set you on a road to success.
Other than that — the puzzle is pretty straightforward, but will require a lot of patience since the mechanism inside is quite fancy and will take a great deal of imagination to crack.
Interesting puzzle by a prominent puzzle maker Vesa Timonen. Stay assured it will keep you busy for a day or two.
Great design and nice quality — it will be a solid addition to your collection and a good start with Hanayama’s Level 6.
Where to Buy
- It is very important to be as consistent and methodological with this kind of puzzles.
- Try to document all your steps — write down what you before or after you progress further.
- The reassembly is usually much harder — but not in this case. The reassembly is pretty straightforward. Nevertheless, the reassembly will give you a bigger picture on how the interior mechanism if the puzzle operates.
- Hanayama Huzzle Cast Infinity puzzle solution video can be found below
- Made of high quality cast iron
- Considered to be the highest “Grand master” (Level 6) puzzle according to Hanayama scoring. Other Level 6 puzzles, such as Cast Vortex and Cast Trinity, can be found at their respective pages on PuzzleScore Hanayama brand page.
- Detailed answers on Frequently Asked Questions about Hanayama puzzles you can find here.
- If you still have questions, ask them in the comments. We will answer in detail and include them in the FAQ list.
Become a member of our community and get access to a lot of exclusive patreon-only benefits, coupon codes, giveaways and help us create more awesome and mind-blowing content such as “How It’s Made”, interviews with prominent puzzle makers, unique puzzles and more!