|Level (Complexity):||Medium (5)|
|Object:||Take apart and then reassemble|
|Number of components:||3|
|Estimated time:||1-3 Hours|
|Size:||2.3 x 2.5 x 1.3 in / 5.9 x 6.3 x 3.3 cm|
|Packaging:||cardboard: 75×119×45 mm|
|Materials used:||cast zinc|
|Safety:||no small parts, but keeping away from small children is advised|
Cast Trinity by Hanayama is a great looking puzzle with interesting organic design that will pose a great test to your logical skills and patience.
Executed in a matte gold it consists of 3 pieces that resemble “Λ” (lambda) letter of a Latin alphabet. The pieces are interconnected with each other at the loops and may seem to be absolutely identical. Nevertheless, all pieces have small differences in the shape of their cut-outs and forms.
Designed by Hong Kong designer Kyoo Wong — the puzzle actually has multiple solutions so it will definitely be able to entertain you for hours.
Possibly, Trinity is the weakest puzzles in Level 6 “Grand Master” line up for a few reasons.
Firstly, it is not that hard for level 6. We would give it level 5 maximum, but more probably — level 4.
Secondly, the design of the puzzle, albeit unique and wavy is lacking the usual “finesse” — during the assembly and disassembly you will probably feel that parts are just stuck and cannot be pushed through. That will make you think that you have made the wrong move where it is quite the opposite — you just need to apply more force in order to fit one part into another.
That nuance creates a certain level of “artificial” difficulty. Most Hanayama puzzle are done in the way that you don’t need to apply force at all. In fact, it is frequently advised to be careful with the puzzle as the solution is always logical — you just need to find a right set of moves and match the bumps and etches the way it fits perfectly.
Despite all the criticism — Cast Trinity is a great addition to Hanayama line up. I cannot argue with the fact it has multiple solutions. Once understand how to operate the puzzle — it will become your favorite thing to play with on the flight or a road.
Additionally, maybe the fact that you need to apply more force than usual is an intricate conception of the designer aimed to break the expectations? If you think about it that way — this puzzle gains a layer of genius that definitely makes it great.
Where to Buy
- It is very important to be as consistent and methodological with this kind of puzzles.
- Try to document all your steps — write down what you before or after you progress further.
- The reassembly is usually much harder — but not in this case. The reassembly is pretty straightforward. Nevertheless, the reassembly will give you a bigger picture on how the interior mechanism if the puzzle operates.
- Hanayama Huzzle Cast Trinity puzzle solution video can be found below
- Made of high quality cast iron
- Considered to be the highest “Grand master” (Level 6) puzzle according to Hanayama scoring. Other Level 6 puzzles, such as Cast Vortex and Cast Rotor, can be found at their respective pages on PuzzleScore Hanayama brand page.
- Detailed answers on Frequently Asked Questions about Hanayama puzzles you can find here.
- If you still have questions, ask them in the comments. We will answer in detail and include them in the FAQ list.
Become a member of our community and get access to a lot of exclusive patreon-only benefits, coupon codes, giveaways and help us create more awesome and mind-blowing content such as “How It’s Made”, interviews with prominent puzzle makers, unique puzzles and more!