|Level (Complexity):||Medium (4)|
|Object:||Take apart and then reassemble|
|Number of components:||4|
|Estimated time:||1-2 Hours|
|Size:||1 2/5 x 1 2/5 x 1 in / 3.6 x 3.6 x 2.5 cm|
|Packaging:||cardboard + plastic box: 75×119×45 mm|
|Materials used:||cast zinc|
|Safety:||no small parts, but keeping away from small children is advised|
Cast Marble is a level 5 Hanayama puzzle that will definitely impress you with its design and engineering.
It consists of four parts: 2 parts with matte still feel that make the outer trap box for the marble itself and 2 parts that make the marble itself.
The idea behind the design is very interesting as it combines all kinds of shapes and geometric figures together that usually do not match: cubes, spheres, spirals, rough edges and wavy lines — it has it all.
Limited “Ultraman Edition” Cast Marble
Peculiarly, there is a limited edition of Cast Marble called “Ultraman Edition”.
It comes with the unique coloring where one part of the marble is steel gray, another one is peach red and the sphere in the middle is has golden color.
There were released exclusively in Japan and were limited to only 500 copies. It is still possible to find a few to buy on eBay or Other Platforms in case you are a fan.
Apart from coloring and the unique box that has “ウルトラマン” (jp. “Ultraman”) written on it — the puzzle itself is the same as the original and has all the same features that are described below.
This one of those Hanayama puzzles that can be taken apart purely by luck, but in that case you will spend hours trying to put it back.
I solved the disassembly part in around 15 minutes, but did not have a clue how I did that in the first place.
On the other hand, if you pay close attention it will be pretty obvious how to take it apart and put t back. The mechanism itself is quite fascinating and the puzzle can be a great fidget for you once you figure out all the specifics.
Interesting puzzle, but it is not a Level 5 for sure. It felt like level 3, maybe level 4 tops. Definitely all bets were made on the re-assembly part that can be quite hard, but it’s not too hard if you pay closer attention.
Great addition to Hanayama line-up and a favorite puzzle of many. Definitely worth a try if you are looking for quick and rewarding experience.
Where to Buy
- It is very important to be as consistent and methodological with this kind of puzzles.
- Try to document all your steps — write down what you before or after you progress further.
- The reassembly is usually much harder — but not in this case. The reassembly is pretty straightforward. Nevertheless, the reassembly will give you a bigger picture on how the interior mechanism if the puzzle operates.
- Hanayama Huzzle Cast Marble puzzle solution video can be found below
- Made of high quality cast zinc
- Considered to be “Expert” (Level 5) puzzle according to Hanayama scoring. Other Level 5 puzzles, such as Cast Padlock and Cast Helix, can be found at their respective pages on PuzzleScore Hanayama brand page.
- Detailed answers on Frequently Asked Questions about Hanayama puzzles you can find here.
- If you still have questions, ask them in the comments. We will answer in detail and include them in the FAQ list.
Become a member of our community and get access to a lot of exclusive patreon-only benefits, coupon codes, giveaways and help us create more awesome and mind-blowing content such as “How It’s Made”, interviews with prominent puzzle makers, unique puzzles and more!