|Level (Complexity):||Medium (4)|
|Object:||Take apart and then reassemble|
|Number of components:||2|
|Estimated time:||Up to 1 Hour|
|Size:||6.3×6.3×1 cm / 2.5×2.5×0.4 in |
|Packaging:||cardboard: 75×119×45 mm |
|Materials used:||cast zinc|
|Safety:||no small parts, but keeping away from small children is advised|
Cast Snow is the latest addition in Hanayama’s Huzzle line-up and I have to say it looks absolutely amazing.
Released in January 2020, it reflects winter’s beauty and tranquil coziness of a silent windless snowfall.
The quality is great, as always, and the actual metal work is second to none. All cuts and notches are done with perfect precision so you will be able to solve this puzzle without applying any force.
It is a fairly easy puzzle comparing with others from this brand. Hanayama’s difficulty rating indicates Cast Snow to be Level 2 puzzle, but it is, in fact, a bit harder than that in my opinion. I would expect to be able to solve Level 2 in a few minutes and Cast Snow took me around 15 minutes to figure out.
Cast Snow is a beautiful maze puzzle that consists of 2 disks that are hooked to each other with a small knob on each side.
You can slide and rotate both disks to move the metal knobs from one point to another. The maze itself is made to look like a snowflake to also support the theme of winter.
Basically all you need to do is to identify the holes that are the perfect for both knobs and disassemble the puzzle, but it is of course not as easy as it sounds and you will have to invest some patience and rational thinking to solve it.
Amazing addition to the whole line up, and I am actually quite happy it is not Level 6 — at least I can truly relax and solve this puzzle with ease.
I am surely going to be on lookout for new additions that Hanayama has in store for us in 2020.
Let us know in the comment section what do you want the next Hanayama puzzle to look like and what level should it be!
Where to Buy
- It is very important to be as consistent and methodological with this kind of puzzles.
- Try to document all your steps — write down what you before or after you progress further.
- The reassembly is usually much harder — but not in this case. The reassembly is pretty straightforward. Nevertheless, the reassembly will give you a bigger picture on how the interior mechanism if the puzzle operates.
- Hanayama Huzzle Cast Snow puzzle solution video can be found below
- Made of high quality cast zinc.
- Considered to be “Easy” (Level 2) puzzle according to Hanayama scoring.
- The puzzle is made by Kyoo Wong, the same guy that created the amazing Cast Rotor.
- Detailed answers on Frequently Asked Questions about Hanayama puzzles you can find here.
- If you still have questions, ask them in the comments. We will answer in detail and include them in the FAQ list.
Become a member of our community and get access to a lot of exclusive patreon-only benefits, coupon codes, giveaways and help us create more awesome and mind-blowing content such as “How It’s Made”, interviews with prominent puzzle makers, unique puzzles and more!