Titan is an original debut puzzle by the incredible Felix Ure. Later, he also created my all-time favorite Hip Flask. Anyway, the Titan is by far one of the most incredibly hard puzzles I have encountered. Even if you are very proficient and experienced — it might take you around 10 hours to understand what is happening and devise a solution.
Titan looks like a metal brass sphere with that consists of 2 parts. You will notice right away that one of the halves is significantly lighter that the other.
The only thing that you can do with the Titan is to rotate it. It may sound like a spoiler (it’s not, really) — there are no hidden compartments, some tricky sections or anything like that. The solution is purely held within the shiny metal boundaries of this brass sphere of doom.
The titan is essentially a maze puzzle and Felix further developed his amazing ideas within Hip Flask.
The mechanism itself is very hard to follow, but there are few points that may help you on your journey:
- Auditive Hints
Make sure to closely listen to what happens inside the sphere. With time, you will come to understand the mechanism by trying to visualize what you hear.
First, try to understand all nooks and crannies of the puzzle – I know that there are not that many of them, but the actual shape, the small gap between the halves, the weight — all these aspects bear a small part to the overall solution. You need to use every piece of information.
Of course, it is not that easy to visualize what happens inside without actually seeing it. That is why it is very important to always have a piece of paper and a pen by your side. When you feel that start to understand, try to grasp that idea and depict it on the paper. That will help you a lot with further understanding of the puzzle and may even lead you to a faster solution.
Amazing quality and one more great puzzle from Felix Ure. I hope he releases many more soon, so we can all enjoy his interesting challenges.
Definitely, a great puzzle that takes a valiant effort to complete.
Where to buy
Tips and Tricks
- There are 2 metal bearings inside, that are rotated freely. The lighter half of the puzzle has a small pin that can help you move the bearings in needed direction. The goal is to get both balls into the notches.
- The key for opening Titan is the positioning, The heavier part of the puzzle bears 2 small notches that are positioned on the opposite sides from each other but at around 45-degree angle. The puzzle should be held in a very specific way in order for the bearings to get inside the notches at the same time.
- Felix Ure Titan Puzzle solution video can be found below
- Detailed answers on Frequently Asked Questions about Felix Ure puzzles you can find here.
- If you still have questions, ask them in the comments. We will answer in detail and include them in the FAQ list.
Become a member of our community and get access to a lot of exclusive patreon-only benefits, coupon codes, giveaways and help us create more awesome and mind-blowing content such as “How It’s Made”, interviews with prominent puzzle makers, unique puzzles and more!