|Level (Complexity):||Advanced (5)|
|Type:||Wooden 3D Puzzle|
|Object:||assembling the mechanism|
|Number of components:||410|
|Estimated time:||7-8 Hours|
|Size:||13.8*11.4*4.7 in (35*29*12.5 cm)|
|Packaging:||cardboard 14.6*6.7*1.2 in (37.5*17*3 cm)|
|Materials used:||Organic wooden pieces|
|Safety:||sharp objects, choking hazard|
Don’t be fooled by the simple design of the fabulous Horse-Mechanoid.
Despite it is looking like it can be assembled in 10 minutes — you will actually spend at least 7 hours to get it done.
The models sports a lot of intricate and small details to assemble.
The horse itself has a great design, sporting realistic features and detailed anatomy of an animal. All four legs are movable and the model stands firmly on them.
The mane and the tail are exquisitely designed with cut rubberbands — a great design solution that gives of that great Ugears feel.
The mechanism itself can be seen through the Horse’s body and the wind up mechanism
The horse, regrettably, has only one and main feature — upon winding up the mechanism it will walk a small distance. We would really love the wind up mechanism to hold a bit longer.
The good thing about that piece is that it is a great puzzle itself — the assembly is challenging and will require some skill, time and attention from you. Although not as entertaining in the end-result — the Horse-Mechanoid is definitely entertaining to conquer.
A great toy for the kids after the assembly and a great mind bender for parents to assemble. Simple, yet realistic and it shines in it’s own way because of that. One of the Ugears Classics so it is definitely something that you’d like to get if you are a fan.
Where to buy
- Detailed assembly tips of Ugears mechanical models you can find here.
- Download full PDF instruction in 11 languages with pictures to Horse-Mechanoid here.
- Watch full Horse-Mechanoid assembly video below.
- Made of high-quality plywood
- Perfect for family projects through hands-on STEM learning
- Detailed answers on Frequently Asked Questions about Ugears mechanical models you can find here.
- If you still have questions, ask them in the comments. We will answer in detail and include them in the FAQ list.